Civil Society Action Coalition on Education for All (CSACEFA) is a Coalition of Civil Society Organization (CSOs) working on Education issues in Nigeria. The coalition was formed by 40 NGOs in the run-up to the World Education Summit in April 2000 in Dakar.
CSACEFA developed a core set of positions and attended the Dakar World Summit to join in the call for quality education for all from CSOs perspective. The Coalition has since expanded its membership to over Six hundred (600) CSOs covering 36 States of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and has been engaging, advocating and inputting to education policies and programmes at Local, National and International levels.
Values or Operating Principles
To contribute to the shaping of education policies, programmes and projects. To positively influence actions of various education stakeholders in Nigeria.
...advocating for quality education for all. To support the institutions in the effective implementation of education policies and programs through the participation of Civil Societies at all levels.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Covenant Medical Transport is a service that transfers patients to and from
medical facilities in non-emergency situations
- Focus Areas of CSACEFA’S Programmes/Projects
- Our Core Values
- Aims & Objectives
- CSACEFA core positions on the way forward on the Nigerian Education sector.
CSACEFA activities and programs are focused on the following areas
- Formal Education (ECCDE, Primary, Post Primary and Post secondary)
- Adult and Non-Formal Education
- Institutional Capacity Building
- Vocational Technical and Entrepreneurial Education
- Education in Emergencies
- Research and Development
- ICT in Education
- Service: Increase Civil Society participation
- Equity: Equal educational opportunities for all.
- Partnership/collaboration: Strengthening partnership and collaboration in education delivery.
- Capacity: Enhancing capacity and skills of CSOs and other stakeholders to promote free, quality and inclusive education.
- Transparency and Accountability: Promote transparency and accountability within the coalition and education sector.
- Volunteerism: Promote and develop volunteerism in the coalition and across the education sector.
- To contribute to the shaping of education policies and programs in Nigeria.
- To moblilse and seek to positively influence actions by various education stakeholders in Nigeria.
- To provide a platform for monitoring, evaluating and reviewing of various education programs and interventions.
- To provide a platform for engaging in wider sub-regional, regional and global Education For All(EFA) processes and campaigns.
- To enable effective platform for information sharing.
- To advocate for adequate allocation, timely disbursement and facilitate equitable distribution of resources at all levels of education in Nigeria.
- To build the capacity of Civil Society actors in the delivery of EFA programmes in Nigeria.
- Access to free, compulsory andquality education for all.
- Provision of adequate funding to implement quality education for all from both National and International sources .
- Clear and unwavering commitment by government at all levels to improve the quality of education.
- Achievement of gender equity in access to education.
- Tackle the issue of conflict and climate change as it affects access to and quality education delivery.
- Community participation in school management through the SBMCs and Mothers Association (MA).
- Civil Society participation in education policy plaing and implemetation.
- Recrutment and deploment of teachers
- Teachers development and teacherss training and retreaning.
- Creation of incentive welfare.
- Package for teachers in rural communitys.
- Adequate provision of school infrastructure for effective teaching and learning in school at all levels.
Quality Service and happy clients. Here is what people are saying about our
service and relationship with our clients
John Oluwafemi Olla
International Affiliation & Partners
CSACEFA is a member of the Africa Network Campaign on Education for All (ANCEFA) and the Global Campaign on Education (GCE). She is also a member of UNESCO Collective consultation of NGOs on literacy and EFA (CCNGO).