About the Coalition
Civil Society Action Coalition on Education for All (CSACEFA) is a Coalition of Civil Society Organization (CSOs) working on Education issues in Nigeria. The coalition was formed by 40 NGOs in the run-up to the World Education Summit in April 2000 in Dakar.
CSACEFA developed a core set of positions and attended the Dakar World Summit to join in the call for quality education for all from CSOs perspective. The Coalition has since expanded its membership to over Six hundred (600) CSOs covering 36 States of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and has been engaging, advocating and inputting to education policies and programmes at Local, National and International levels.
A Nigeria guaranteed of quality education and dignity for all.
To ensure free, quality and inclusive education for all through effective participation of the civil society.
To support the institutions in the effective implementation of education policies and programs through the participation of Civil Societies at all levels.
Our Core Values
- Service: Increase Civil Society participation
- Equity: Equal educational opportunities for all.
- Partnership/collaboration: Strengthening partnership and collaboration in education delivery.
- Capacity: Enhancing capacity and skills of CSOs and other stakeholders to promote free, quality and inclusive education.
- Transparency and Accountability: Promote transparency and accountability within the coalition and education sector.
- Volunteerism: Promote and develop volunteerism in the coalition and across the education sector.
The Aims & Objectives
- To contribute to the shaping of education policies and programs in Nigeria.
- To moblilse and seek to positively influence actions by various education stakeholders in Nigeria.
- To provide a platform for monitoring, evaluating and reviewing of various education programs and interventions.
- To provide a platform for engaging in wider sub-regional, regional and global Education For All(EFA) processes and campaigns.
- To enable effective platform for information sharing.
- To advocate for adequate allocation, timely disbursement and facilitate equitable distribution of resources at all levels of education in Nigeria.
- To build the capacity of Civil Society actors in the delivery of EFA programmes in Nigeria.
CSACEFA core positions on the way forward on the Nigerian Education sector.
- Access to free, compulsory andquality education for all.
- Provision of adequate funding to implement quality education for all from both National and International sources.
- Clear and unwavering commitment by government at all levels to improve the quality of education.
- Achievement of gender equity in access to education.
- Tackle the issue of conflict and climate change as it affects access to and quality education delivery.
- Community participation in school management through the SBMCs and Mothers Association (MA).
- Civil Society participation in education policy making and implementation.
- Recruitment and deployment of teachers
- Teacher’s development and teachers training and retraining.
- Creation of incentive welfare.
- Package for teachers in rural communities.
- Adequate provision of school infrastructure for effective teaching and learning in school at all levels.