The Civil Society Action Coalition on Education for All (CSACEFA), is an umbrella body of over 600 NGOs, CBOs and FBOs working in the areas of education in the 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Since year 2000, when the Coalition was formed, after the World Education Forum (WEF) in Dakar, Senegal. The coalition has been in the forefront in the campaign for the free, compulsory and quality education for all, irrespective of gender, tribe or religion. The Coalition has been engaging government at all levels, Development Partners, to addressed education issues in Nigeria.CSACEFA is a member of the Africa Network Campaign on Education for All (ANCEFA) and the Global Campaign on Education (GCE), also a member of UNESCO Collective consultation of NGOs on literacy and EFA (CCNGO).
The Policy Advisor: The Policy Advisor’s role is mainly operational, the prospective candidate will be responsible for writing viable proposal, planning and overseeing the successful delivery of the programmes/projects outputs/products of the coalition with the aim of achieving CSACEFA’s overall goal and objectives. The Policy Advisor must have a relevant experience as a veteran programme and project manager in a large and amalgamated organization.
Responsibilities of a Policy Advisor:
Daily programme management throughout the programme life cycle:
- Defining the programme governance (controls).
- Planning the overall programme and monitoring the progress.
- Managing risks issues and take corrective measurements.
- Coordinating the projects and its interdependencies.
- Managing and utilizing human resources across projects.
- Managing coalition stakeholders’ communication channels.
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the programmes “outcomes” with the help of the staff team and members across the 36 states and FCT, Abuja.
- Managing the main programme documentations, such as the programme initiation documents.
Skills and attributes of the prospective Policy Advisor:
The candidates for the position of a Policy Advisor must have strong practical experience in writing a viable proposal, projects and office management, which must have been achieved through managing large and complex projects. He or she must possess the following:
- Good knowledge of handling project and programme management methodology and techniques.
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the programme.
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in programme management.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve challenges.
- Planning, tracking, and reporting on outputs and outcomes.
- Cross-project interdependency management.
- Setting quality control standards and tracking the implementation.
- Setting and tracking change control procedures.
- Strategic overview and reporting on all programmes to senior management team.
- Providing training to projects and programme management teams.
- Long experience of effective programme management.
- Solid proficiency in programme and project management methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the use of the various tools to aid programme management.
- Ability to put theory into practice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Minimum Academic Qualification and job Requirements:
- HND/BSC. In social sciences, humanities, Business Administration, Education, policy analysis, and/or any relevant field, Master’s Degree and PhD is an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in policy inputs, advocacy or related work and with management experience.
- Proven experience of a successful work in the past.
- Ability to develop viable proposals and raise fund for the Coalition
- Experience in education budget analysis and tracking.
- Proven project design/management abilities.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently to meet reporting timelines.
- Demonstrate commitment to gender and other equality issues.
- Excellent writing, speaking and reporting skills is essential.
- Skills including mediation/arbitration between competing interests
- Ready to work beyond office hours.
- Willingness and commitment to perform office duties without supervision.
- Honest, trust worthy and smart.
- Good knowledge of computer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates, who meet the above criteria, should send their application letters, CVs and Cover Letters in word format, by mail to: email@example.com on or before 12pm, October 28th, 2020.
All applications should be marked: APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF A POLICY ADVISOR and addressed to:
The National Moderator,
Civil Society Action Coalition on Education for All (CSACEFA)
Plot 520, suite 12, Trow Plaza, Olu Awotesu street,
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.